Epilepsy Awareness and Practical Seizure Management Course
(Example programme) - 3hr course
Epilepsy Awareness covering:-
- What is epilepsy
- Causes of epilepsy
- Epilepsy Myths and prejudices
- Types of epilepsy and seizure classification
- Diagnosis and Treatment of epilepsy
- Anti epileptic medication and side effects
- Care Planning and risk assessment
- Seizure Triggers
- First Aid for seizures
- Recognising the emergency situation
- Social and psychological implications of epilepsy
- Practical case studies and workshops
At the end of the course, candidates will have:
- An understanding of epilepsy, its causes and treatment
- Will have an understanding the effects of epilepsy effects on individuals and families
- Will have the knowledge to plan care, assess risk and develop strategies to ensure a safe environment for people with epilepsy.
- Be able to manage seizures appropriate to type (first aid)
- Be able to recognise the emergency situation and act appropriately
- Understand the importance of recording seizures
All candidates who actively participate will receive a certificate of attendance.
Felt confident that the course tutor knew from experience as well as theory.
Carer - Residential Care, Gloucestershire.
Information communicated in an east to follow format, workshops cement information.
Learning Support Assistant. Lexden.